Here are some useful tips and tools for buyers seeking to purchase a home in The Woodlands TX, Montgomery County TX, and surrounding areas. If you’re a first time homebuyer, Texas Veteran, or active duty member, be sure to check out the page regarding Affordable Housing programs in The Woodlands TX area.
Buying in Texas
- “What Every Texas Buyer Should Know”, by David Companik | Are you a home buyer in Texas? Have you been informed of your “Texas Real Estate Miranda Rights”? Start your journey to home ownership here, and learn what you need to know about real estate brokers in Texas before you call one!
- “The Buying Process” – TexasRealEstate.com – Step by step walkthrough of the purchase process, buying tips, and more. This resource is provided by the Texas Association of Realtors®.
- Finance Calculators – Realtor.com – Online financial calculators to help you factor home affordability, mortgage payments, fixed vs. adjustable rates, home insurance costs, and more! A must-visit page that will help you understand and estimate the costs of home ownership.
- Zillow.com – Great source for The Woodlands TX community information: local schools, median income, demographics, and more. Find details about the The Woodlands TX high school, junior high, intermediary, and elementary class sizes, student/teacher ratio, average exam scores, and more. The page will open to The Woodlands TX details, but you can enter a different city or zip code at the top of the page.
- HouseLogic.com – “With content covering home improvement, maintenance, taxes, finance, insurance, and even ways you can get involved in and enrich your community, HouseLogic can help you increase and protect the value of your home by helping you make confident decisions.” This resource is provided by the National Association of Realtors®.
Use the mortgage calculator below to estimate your monthly principal and interest loan payment with taxes and insurance costs included (as applicable). By default the calculator factors the basic terms of a $100,000 home purchase under FHA loan guidelines; you can change any field to reflect your own purchase scenario. Be sure to discuss your loan terms, payments, and closing costs with your loan specialist and your Realtor®.